|Leader||President Leah Jimenez|
The Federative Republic of Membatak is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Leah Jimenez with a fair hand, and remarkable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, national health service, and keen interest in outer space. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.361 billion Membatakians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saro Island. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Membatakian economy, worth 138 trillion Takis a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 101,936 Takis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Recognizing the Membatakian flag qualifies you for citizenship, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof, and the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Membatak's national animal is the Cockatiel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, the government recently donated a surfboard to an impoverished family in a landlocked region.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, welfare funding has recently gone through the roof.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, the government has begun breaking all large businesses into thousands of mom-and-pop general stores.
- : Membatak voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, recognizing the Membatakian flag qualifies you for citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, holiday light displays just aren't the same without seizure-inducing strobe effects.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, innocent defendants often plead guilty for fear of receiving a much harsher sentence before jury.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Membatak was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Left-wing Utopia".
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, CEOs and corporate executives are frequently found striking for better stock options.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Ner Epiand, Evertopia, Valentian Elysium, Kachikawawa, Anisopterra, Ignis Cinere, Wysrod, Blogotopia, Palman, Mauryana, Point Comfort Colony, Caldorado, Tzo, Dustwind, Anollasia, Namakan, Clialaad, Pianaville, Maconshinbernititte, Ardelenia, Ultimate Wakanda, Makykay, Solsevara, Terra Royaume, Galimania, Isentran, United States of Island land, S Mova Derat, The Galactic American Imperium, Marxist Germany, Vivolkha, Carthegia, Megistos, Greater Puptioneberadon, New Kowloon Bay, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Krystalveil, Chip Skylark, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Ilfarasia, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, The Indian Royalty, Silvedania, and Alemputo.