The Queendom of Merigold is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Merigold Laurent with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, anti-smoking policies, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The compassionate, hard-working, cheerful population of 8.342 billion Merigoldians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saint-Laurent. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 26.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Merigoldian economy, worth a remarkable 1,402 trillion mongolds a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 168,164 mongolds, with the richest citizens earning 7.0 times as much as the poorest.
Protests are legal but strictly supervised, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors, and a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Merigold's national animal is the cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Catholicism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Merigold was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Merigold, a well-funded social safety net protects the unfortunate.
- : Following new legislation in Merigold, sex education has become an intricate maze of stick figures and complex metaphors.
- : Following new legislation in Merigold, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Following new legislation in Merigold, protests are legal but strictly supervised.
- : Following new legislation in Merigold, society and government have been organized according to a feudal hierarchy.
- : Merigold voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Merigold was endorsed by The Holy Empire of Kingdom of Stargard.
- : Following new legislation in Merigold, bizarre-looking creatures called 'catdogs' dominate wildlife preserves.
- : Following new legislation in Merigold, recognizing the Merigoldian flag qualifies you for citizenship.
Endorsements Received: 64 » Pirataria, Raghallaigh, Le Libertia, Polgaria, Avok Island, Murden, Brickfield, Purgitz, Aexnidaral, Liveropolis, Igueranel, Old Aweic Wirs, Agapetopia, Elaeria, United-Marrshmallows, Acapais, Arvigiel, Saarkon, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Zakanda, Free Rosabell, Troph Evinia, Poquaoi, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, Precisely Nothing, South Eastern Centralia, Ipsonasia, Dat Countreh, ROFLOLMAO LAND, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Clialaad, Twilight Ways, Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Liberepublia, Greatnessity City, Vaioretta, North is Better, Desrouleaux, The Vereenigde Oostindiche Compagnie, Damnlandia, Emastalia, Taskete, Zintibia, Lethen, Sagehills, Gulibia, Ikheria, and 14 others.Purple Ruthenia, Saarland-Niederbayern, Federal Republic of Respondia, Verteger, The United Peoples of Centrism, Deathfall, New Sosnowiec, Mikkazuki, Envielle, Nouravalan, Caffeinated, Zaeka, New Peoples Empire, and Kingdom of Stargard.