|Leader||Emperor Willem van Oranje|
The Unified Empire of Mersdon is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Emperor Willem van Oranje with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 3.517 billion Mersidonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Benedict-on-Sea. The average income tax rate is 96.4%.
The frighteningly efficient Mersidonian economy, worth 672 trillion Blue-Guldenmarks a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 191,333 Blue-Guldenmarks, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused, skateparks can be found in every city, the government is flooded with compensation requests, and major internet servers have acquired citizenship. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mersdon's national animal is the Benedict, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Mersidonian Saints-Worship.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mersdon's influence in USSD rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : The Federation of Artsotska renamed the office held by Mersdon from "Minister of Silly Walks" to "Minister of Silly Walks (장관)" in The Okchi Union.
- : Mersdon's influence in USSD rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Mersdon lodged a message on the USSD Regional Message Board.
- : Mersdon relocated from The Okchi Union to USSD.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, major internet servers have acquired citizenship.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, the government is flooded with compensation requests.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, skateparks can be found in every city.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, Red Cross demand for body bags is rising while sutures go unused.
- : Following new legislation in Mersdon, surrogate mothers are encouraged to refer to their wombs as 'rental space'.
Endorsements Received: None.