The Fatal Aviatrix of the Cliffs of Messidor is a colossal, efficient nation, notable for its unlimited-speed roads, public floggings, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 9.129 billion Messidorians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Spirituality, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 17.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Messidorian economy, worth 906 trillion Souls a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 99,332 Souls, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The roads are notorious throughout the region for their peril, high school boys are required to pass vigorous self-mastery and sensitivity training to graduate, the "daily grind" consists of levelling up in tedious video games, and builders across Messidor are blocked up with orders for new public loos. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Messidor's national animal is the Cow, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Messidor's influence in Yuno rose from "Zero" to "Vassal".
- : Messidor relocated from Lazarus to Yuno.
- : Messidor's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Messidor's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Messidor was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Messidor ceased to exist in Yuno.
- : Messidor's influence in Yuno rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".
- : Messidor's influence in Yuno rose from "Squire" to "Vassal".
- : Messidor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Healthiest Citizens.
- : Messidor was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.