The Galactic Corporate Empire of Mikkazuki is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Emperor Shimada with a fair hand, and notable for its avant-garde cinema, daily referendums, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 801 million Mikkazukians are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kyono. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 22.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Mikkazukian economy, worth 116 trillion Mikas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 144,870 Mikas, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 559,144 per year while the poor average 25,786, a ratio of 21.7 to 1.
The examiners who examine examiners are being examined by examiners, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections, and there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Mikkazuki's national animal is the Mythosaur, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates.
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, passionate nomination battles are often as intense as general elections.
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, popular cartoon characters frequently appear in government-sponsored PSAs reminding students to say no to drugs.
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, the examiners who examine examiners are being examined by examiners.
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, the nation's infamous boot camp is more brutal than most battlefields.
- : Mikkazuki voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, pretending to be prejudiced is a good way to get out of jury duty.
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, scenic mountain valleys are flooded with water as damming projects get underway.
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Mikkazuki, children who believe in the tooth fairy are frequently shipped off to Bigtopia.
Endorsements Received: 163 » Pirataria, Eloscape, South Eastern Centralia, United-Marrshmallows, Polgaria, Dat Countreh, Le Libertia, Raghallaigh, Mancheseva City, Arvigiel, Purgitz, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Ipsonasia, Trollfaceia, Bethania, Muertio, Lethen, Mousa Liberty, SETTLEMENT OF DREAMS, Troph Evinia, Prosa, Voxum Mortalum, --Neo-America--, Liveropolis, United Kingdoms of Redania, Vesperum, Akeland, Betelguesa, Brickfield, Twilight Ways, Trackeendy, Carordia, Vlazinova, Zakanda, Poquaoi, Union Lysk, Abassyia, The Democratic Peoples, Igueranel, New Peoples Empire, Serpahima, Almendron, Kroll Union, Bolger, The Tugboat Complex, Genistan, Aexnidaral, Arqhua, Gabingston, Off God Islands, and 113 others.Mutualist American Republics, Clialaad, Acapais, Utopian Earth, Nesshhinn, Cortlandt Manor, Neo Krip, Terra Potestatem, Gooblaria, Zangc, Coulthos, Volkovica, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Greatnessity City, Vaioretta, Elaeria, Samuelstani, Tital Mania, Perunya, Ouardeheya, Paulotzia, Celvehnon, Salxeburg, Fox-Wolf Unions, Desrouleaux, North is Better, Agapetopia, Damnlandia, Darizaa, Free Rosabell, Emastalia, Havenwelle, Xuxetu, Teutonic Kaiserreich, Morongia, Uniarq, Zintibia, Saarland-Niederbayern, New Sosnowiec, Winner909098, New Sickled, Federal Republic of Respondia, Bellcon, Caffeinated, Purple Ruthenia, Murden, Gulibia, Clan MacNeal, Ikheria, Upper Prestina, Sagehills, The Vereenigde Oostindiche Compagnie, Malashaan Colony, Verteger, Southwestern Germany, Tejikstan, Asian Hatia, Alabrinnor, Gvunaz, Envielle, Thurston, The United Peoples of Centrism, Maowi, Duame, Ajaccino, BigITopia2, Apocryphus, Xerialist, Lastovipol, Sevanorea, Sonnentreppe, Saarkon, Agnolotti, Pyrhus, Spirtannia, Dogeia, The Lost Men, Opperiania, Free French Normandy, Gendwana, The holy nation of faith, NotMeToo, Cords Maris, Taskete, Foril, Volkskam, Beriwen, Bri-Tea-Sh Commonwealth, Dirauti, New Semigallia, Lime82, Seventeen Islands, Nippluania, Greelgang, Deathfall, Socialdemocratic Communities, Tomaenia, Anachnu, Merigold, Liam Grant, Geber Badz, Birkenland, Former Raxhiria, Coaism, Lurinsk, Corovos, Moldovenia, Srgsagsdgd, Zaeka, Free Andopia, Coloamerica, Windmill, and Kingdom of Stargard.