The Matriarchy of Miliarat is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its closed borders, deadly medical pandemics, and compulsory military service. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 537 million Miliaratians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matgorod. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 47.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Miliaratian economy, worth 70.0 trillion queens a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Arms Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 130,442 queens, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,048,872 per year while the poor average 3,720, a ratio of 281 to 1.
Fortified nursing homes are wracked with daily skirmishes, kids feel more beat up than ever after a hard day at school, Merry Birthday is a popular protest song despite the risk of fines and royalty dues, and the military conducts 'training exercises' in prisons. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Miliarat's national animal is the Queen Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Miliarat, the military conducts 'training exercises' in prisons.
- : Following new legislation in Miliarat, Merry Birthday is a popular protest song despite the risk of fines and royalty dues.
- : Miliarat was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Krillia.
- : Following new legislation in Miliarat, kids feel more beat up than ever after a hard day at school.
- : Miliarat was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Miliarat, fortified nursing homes are wracked with daily skirmishes.
- : Following new legislation in Miliarat, for just a few extra queens Miliaratians can get new driving records with their new cars.
- : Following new legislation in Miliarat, the fate of the world literally rests on Leader's fingers.
- : Following new legislation in Miliarat, children crying over dropped ice creams are offered high doses of experimental antidepressants.
- : Miliarat was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.
Endorsements Received: 16 » Anisopterra, Valentian Elysium, Wysrod, Waitiki, Evertopia, Point Comfort Colony, The Republic of Osea, Slaytania, Ignis Cinere, Bortheria, HumanSanity, Solsevara, Vivolkha, Dustwind, Ternigrasia, and Krillia.