The Federal Republic of Misnomers is a huge, genial nation, notable for its digital currency, compulsory military service, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, democratic population of 826 million Misnomersians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Neo Arcadia. The average income tax rate is 71.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Misnomersian economy, worth 34.7 trillion Bolts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 42,007 Bolts, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Some paycheques only arrive every 12 to 24 weeks, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Sigma Virus, and treason is relative. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Misnomers's national animal is the Sigma Virus, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Misnomers voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ending School Segregation".
- : Misnomers endorsed The Sultanate of Gorabo.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, treason is relative.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, scientists recently cloned the long-extinct feather-bellied Sigma Virus.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, maximum security fish farms leave caged salmon pining for the fjords.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, some paycheques only arrive every 12 to 24 weeks.
- : Following new legislation in Misnomers, prison visits increase substantially during election years.
- : Misnomers voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Land of Kings and Emperors".
- : Misnomers was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Misnomers was endorsed by The Sultanate of Gorabo.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Prybourne, Draytopia, Lesser Velutaria, Foxomexra, Hatstheput, Speke, Anderum, Whitmarche, Toubaze, Teckia, The New Bulgarian Order, Gardeviour, Kiyortza, East Chimore, Land2020, Plattinum, Bro Wyned, Vescarium, Fallooplesburg, New Sebronia, and Gorabo.