The Beautiful land of Mona Landia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Lady Aliyana with a fair hand, and remarkable for its vat-grown people, prohibition of alcohol, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.091 billion Mona Landians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Galaxia. The average income tax rate is 47.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Mona Landian economy, worth 179 trillion Golds a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,879 Golds, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The entire entry for Mona Landia in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless', heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts, and the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks. Crime is totally unknown. Mona Landia's national animal is the Mannequin, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mona Landia was endorsed by The WA Republic of Qawe.
- : Mona Landia was endorsed by The Republic of Samogitija.
- : Following new legislation in Mona Landia, the government has spent days debating the merits of a petition calling for a ban on sporks.
- : Following new legislation in Mona Landia, museums have more touchscreens on display than artifacts.
- : Following new legislation in Mona Landia, heavy industry must go to expensive lengths to dispose of waste.
- : Following new legislation in Mona Landia, the entire entry for Mona Landia in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the World reads 'mostly harmless'.
- : Mona Landia endorsed The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Mona Landia was endorsed by The Empire of Romanus Terrae.
- : Mona Landia was endorsed by The Kingdom of Benstralis.
- : Mona Landia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
Endorsements Received: 83 » Erinor, Volaworand, Hanguk-Nippon, Pencil Sharpeners 2, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Aidenfieeld, Luddinlande, Sedunn, Tsunamy, Linguiniland, Jaxon, Concrete Slab, Paranoia, The Solar System Scope, Farengeto, New Briantown, Si-topia, Aumeltopia, Beepee, Jehenna, The National Corporation, Tsvetania, Kringalia, Potion Seller, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Aywhyou, Nowa Europa, Quiescent, Barabarom, Isokenzar, Anachronolandia, Rebel-topia, Staubsaugen, Awjan, Saciu, Sandaoguo, Kandorith, Rabbitz, Vincent Field, Auphelia, Xandev, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Birdkeeper, Land Without Shrimp, North Prarie, Jahass, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Wyatonians, and 33 others.Ostanasia, Akindom, Nankyoku Tairiku, Dasko, The Filippinas, Drugged Monkeys, Pays de Loire, Churumduul, Agalaesia, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, New Juan Carlos Land, Novagentum, Amerion, Wild Space, Great Africans, Negoshi, Lakalvesoman, Abarri, Phanama, Aurcania, Ketathinamiri Islands, World United, Higash, Imperial Duck, Marinho Islands, Empa Aserium, Mapico, Gecetesse, Omiri, Benstralis, Romanus Terrae, Samogitija, and Qawe.