The United Federation of Monix is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Lazarillo Torre with an even hand, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 1.552 billion Monixians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Ignisia. The average income tax rate is 88.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Monixian economy, worth 179 trillion R'units a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,635 R'units, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot, people can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks, and flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Monix's national animal is the Phoenix, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Witnestarism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monix was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, flipping a coin to make a decision leads to a referral to Gambling Addiction Services.
- : Monix was endorsed by The Most Loyal Catholic Union of Castle Federation.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, people can often be seen driving to work in war-surplus tanks.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, politicians and casino owners who so much as wander into the same room are arrested on the spot.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, weird kids who eat bugs are breaking the law.
- : Following new legislation in Monix, local executives are seen on the corner with cardboard signs reading "will oppress the masses for food".
- : Following new legislation in Monix, aeroplane cockpits no longer have altimeters or airspeed indicators.
- : Monix was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Incomes.
- : Monix endorsed The Vizier and Sam of New Leganes.
Endorsements Received: 41 » Nevertopia, H-Zhena, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Staynes, Brotherland, Chalan, Modra, Greater New Cassandra, VW53Aland, Todd McCloud, Asendavia, A mean old man, East Malaysia, Dragons Blood, Nakosa, Pakitsk, Marrabuk, Zukchiva, Tretrid, Oofery, Libertanny, ArenaC, Wiranath, ParaSymmetry, Stellar Colonies, Debluu, Grossvietnam, Euricanis, The Federation of Osea and Yukotobonia, Brethren, Layngderfleethe, Halaethaed Commune, Rainbow Vests, Merlovich, Horn of Havenkaap, Schrebia, New Leganes, Ridann, La xinga, and Castle Federation.