|Leader||Cals Setse Cardes|
The People's Republic of Monta-Isola is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Cals Setse Cardes with an iron fist, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, disturbing lack of elderly people, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 3.424 billion Lusitans are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lisvoa. The average income tax rate is 75.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Monta-Isolan economy, worth 421 trillion Escudoes a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 123,227 Escudoes, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Mantis shrimp studies is academia's fastest-growing field, Monta-Isolan soldiers are assured their new ray-guns will finally power up after the next round of ominous chanting, movie producers send film critics wads of cash in their morning newspapers in anticipation of gushing praise, and soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Monta-Isola's national animal is the Wolf, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Monta-Isola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Monta-Isola was endorsed by The Republic of Cicilia.
- : Following new legislation in Monta-Isola, soylent products are an expensive commodity due to a lack of volunteers.
- : Monta-Isola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Monta-Isola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Monta-Isola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Monta-Isola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
- : Monta-Isola endorsed The The rice united of Lock and Key.
- : Following new legislation in Monta-Isola, movie producers send film critics wads of cash in their morning newspapers in anticipation of gushing praise.
- : Monta-Isola was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Cicilia.