|Leader||Grand Duchess Winifred|
|Faith||Community Church of Mount Pine|
The Grand Duchy of Mount Pine is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Grand Duchess Winifred with an even hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, pith helmet sales, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate population of 1.031 billion Mount Pineans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Pine Bay. The average income tax rate is 69.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Mount Pinean economy, worth 64.3 trillion Ducats a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 62,367 Ducats, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
It is rumoured that Grand Duchess Winifred uses a magic 8-ball to make policy decisions, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Mount Pinean, confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges, and Community Church of Mount Pine has been named as Mount Pine's national religion. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Mount Pine's national animal is the Blue Jay, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Community Church of Mount Pine.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Mount Pine endorsed The Republic of Killface.
- : Mount Pine endorsed The South Pacifican Commonwealth of Toerana III.
- : Mount Pine endorsed The Nation of NorgiestoileckylockJ.
- : Mount Pine endorsed The Kingdom of St Cyrus.
- : Mount Pine endorsed The Republic of Velarde.
- : Mount Pine endorsed The Kingdom of Rongorongo.
- : Mount Pine changed its national faith to "Community Church of Mount Pine".
- : Following new legislation in Mount Pine, Community Church of Mount Pine has been named as Mount Pine's national religion.
- : Following new legislation in Mount Pine, confused-looking pigeons slide gently off frictionless window ledges.
- : Following new legislation in Mount Pine, every politician claims to be at least 1% Native Mount Pinean.