|Faith||The Call of the Wild|
The Whispering Trees of Murmuria is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 20.076 billion Murmurians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Environment, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.0%.
The strong Murmurian economy, worth 687 trillion Acorns a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 34,239 Acorns, with the richest citizens earning 7.2 times as much as the poorest.
Drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, everyone wants to be on the guest list for diplomatic parties, Murmurians have replaced bears in a popular idiom, and artists are pillars of society. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Murmuria's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is The Call of the Wild.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Murmuria lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Murmuria, artists are pillars of society.
- : Murmuria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Murmuria, Murmurians have replaced bears in a popular idiom.
- : Following new legislation in Murmuria, everyone wants to be on the guest list for diplomatic parties.
- : Murmuria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn ravana".
- : Murmuria voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Murmuria, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Following new legislation in Murmuria, student athletes gaze forlornly at abandoned Owlball fields.
- : Following new legislation in Murmuria, warning signs caution Murmurians where they may fall off 'the edge of the world'.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Ruinenlust, Verdant Haven, Window Land, Ransium, Turbeaux, Lura, Feladria, Dwardossa, Forgotten Beauty, Ownzone, Edible Plywood, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Novian Republics, Canaltia, Appendia, Porth Dunwich, Cat-Herders United, Eryndlynd, Anachronolandia, Groenwald, Burkhai, Atsvea, Hyon Delta, McClandia Doge 2, Effazio, and Alcantaria.