|Leader||President Owen Wray|
The Island Nation of Myndithos is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by President Owen Wray with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.183 billion Myndithosians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Healthcare, Environment, and Welfare are also considered important, while Defense and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Oliaros Island. The average income tax rate is 75.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Myndithosian economy, worth 664 trillion Mynthies a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Furniture Restoration. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 107,411 Mynthies, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity, there's never enough space in space, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community, and citizens are less concerned with policy and more concerned with whether politicians "call 'em like they see 'em". Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Myndithos's national animal is the Limping Goat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Myndithos was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Thedairos.
- : Myndithos was endorsed by The Holy Blue NationStates of HumanSanity.
- : Myndithos was endorsed by The Pristine Holy Waters of Namakan.
- : Myndithos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Myndithos voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Following new legislation in Myndithos, citizens are less concerned with policy and more concerned with whether politicians "call 'em like they see 'em".
- : Following new legislation in Myndithos, the acceptance of acupuncture and other alternative therapies has needled the scientific community.
- : Following new legislation in Myndithos, there's never enough space in space.
- : Myndithos was endorsed by The Archipelagic Paradise of Free Las Pinas.
- : Myndithos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
Endorsements Received: 42 » Wysrod, Old Atlantica, Hollo, Lamborghini Murcielago, Lower Phlebacite, Stroulia, The Soylent Green Party, Anollasia, Achiotopia, PYT, Nooooooooooooooo, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Nixtodea, Oyste, Northern Nivaria, New Fania, Karlando, Free Land of Rebellium, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Valentian Elysium, Dorohan, Krystalveil, Chocolate Coookies, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Evertopia, Vivolkha, Dustwind, Armatha, Waitiki, Ascended Union, AciaciaMont, Point Comfort Colony, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Lisokyo, Bortheria, Marxist Germany, Namakan, and HumanSanity.