|Leader||Douglas John Fong Hin|
|Currency||New Bauhinia dollar|
The Federation of Neo-Bauhinia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Douglas John Fong Hin with a fair hand, and remarkable for its vat-grown people, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.985 billion Neo-Bauhinians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Port Victoria. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Neo-Bauhinian economy, worth 58.0 trillion New Bauhinia dollars a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Cheese Exports and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 29,205 New Bauhinia dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Neo-Bauhinia to be bombproof, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes, and the arms industry is strictly regulated. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neo-Bauhinia's national animal is the Dolphin, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Bauhinia, the arms industry is strictly regulated.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Bauhinia, companies flee the nation rather than pay their fair share of taxes.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Bauhinia, athletic teenagers are among the wealthiest members of society.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Bauhinia, new safety regulations require all cars manufactured in Neo-Bauhinia to be bombproof.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Bauhinia, several citizens have complained about scientists abducting their pets for experimentation.
- : Neo-Bauhinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Neo-Bauhinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Neo-Bauhinia was endorsed by The Silver Republic of Liberdon.
- : Neo-Bauhinia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Neo-Bauhinia, concussed Dolphinball players cannot remember their lineup position.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Valentian Elysium, Pianaville, Wysrod, Namakan, Clialaad, Solsevara, Galimania, Makykay, Anisopterra, Maconshinbernititte, Ignis Cinere, The Republic of Osea, Ardelenia, Evertopia, Northern Nivaria, S Mova Derat, The Galactic American Imperium, Marxist Germany, Megistos, United States of Island land, Selu-Ahare, The Assembly of Awesomeness, Krystalveil, Wischland, Killettland, Capea, Silvedania, Alemputo, Saint Islaw Wra, and Liberdon.