The Archbishopric of Nephican City is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Virilis II with an even hand, and renowned for its compulsory military service, prohibition of alcohol, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, devout population of 8.13 billion Nephicans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nephican City. The average income tax rate is 91.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Nephican economy, worth a remarkable 1,027 trillion Gold Coins a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 126,437 Gold Coins, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Male politicians lose their jobs for staring too long at their female counterparts, therapists can always squeeze in another house-call, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners, and more than one company makes the board game Monopoly. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nephican City's national animal is the Auralian Goat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nephican City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Nephican City resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Nephican City voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
- : Nephican City voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Mikeswill".
- : Nephican City was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pacifist.
- : Following new legislation in Nephican City, more than one company makes the board game Monopoly.
- : Following new legislation in Nephican City, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners.
- : Nephican City voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Sterilisation".
- : Nephican City lodged a message on the Auralia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Nephican City, therapists can always squeeze in another house-call.