The United States of Neurks Boodal is a huge, genial nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 224 million Neurks Boodalians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 42.2%.
The very strong Neurks Boodalian economy, worth 16.2 trillion Neurks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,280 Neurks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.3 times as much as the poorest.
Bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper, and Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Neurks Boodal's national animal is the Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Neurks Boodal, Eau de Trashcan has become a wildly popular perfume.
- : Neurks Boodal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Neurks Boodal, anti-government political posters adorn every building like wallpaper.
- : Following new legislation in Neurks Boodal, seven-year-olds debate for weeks on the merits of the Oxford comma.
- : Following new legislation in Neurks Boodal, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in Neurks Boodal, the people consider response to rudeness to be an acceptable casus belli.
- : Following new legislation in Neurks Boodal, mining is the nation's most dangerous occupation.
- : Neurks Boodal was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Average.
- : Neurks Boodal endorsed The Glorious People's Republic of Integria.
- : Neurks Boodal endorsed The Federal Kingdom of Nardin.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Trixeland, Kanokla, Elisabethshagen, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Invernessia, North of Americas, Irminsulia, Thracia Republic, Mynox, Saint Domingo, The Champions League, Yahlia, Walfo, Jim the Baptist, Meropis, Northern German Federation, Republic of Satherland, Imperium Anglorum, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Diets, Regnum Italiae, St Scarlett, Shaor, South St Maarten, Eski, The New Mexican Confederation, Nuevo Europa, The Reunited Yugoslavs, GanymedEuropa, Outer Sparta, Gliesetonia, Zulrich, Nevelja, Dark Matter, Destyntine, Stromia, Chioganah, Christian Terra, Brakanistan, The New Nordic Union, Othenhiem, Maalat, Ausvelt, En Hassik, Nazakhstan Empire, Apabeossie, Abject Ludicrosity, Eco-Paris Reformation, Nardin, and Integria.