|Leader||Basileus ArsÚne IV|
The Imperium of Nevarii is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Basileus ArsÚne IV with an iron fist, and renowned for its triple-decker prams, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 11.679 billion Nevariians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Constantinople. The average income tax rate is 41.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Nevariian economy, worth a remarkable 2,546 trillion Arkons a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 218,050 Arkons, with the richest citizens earning 5.2 times as much as the poorest.
Every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts, a typical peasant's life cycle leads from birth to the gallows, it's not mass murder when the government does it, and couch potatoes are considered to be model citizens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Nevarii's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Neo-Hellenism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Nevarii, couch potatoes are considered to be model citizens.
- : Nevarii was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Nevarii was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Avoided and Largest Mining Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Nevarii, it's not mass murder when the government does it.
- : Following new legislation in Nevarii, a typical peasant's life cycle leads from birth to the gallows.
- : Nevarii was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Nevarii was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Nevarii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Nevarii was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Populations.
- : Nevarii was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Healthiest Citizens, Most Developed, Largest Mining Sector, Most Avoided, and Most Subsidized Industry.