The Great Nation of New Echelon is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, remarkable for its museums and concert halls, rampant corporate plagiarism, and anti-smoking policies. The quiet, industrious population of 10.639 billion Echelonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dundalk. The average income tax rate is 83.5%.
The frighteningly efficient New Echelonian economy, worth a remarkable 1,080 trillion Sigints a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 101,589 Sigints, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The WhoTube comments section has gone strangely quiet, no one believes anything until it has been strenuously tested and peer-reviewed, the government has solemnly sworn not to look up other nations' internet browsing history if the favor is returned, and paper and ink publications are subsidised by the government to keep them in the black. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Echelon's national animal is the Bobcat, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced and Most Rebellious Youth.
- : New Echelon's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : New Echelon's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : New Echelon was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather, Safest, Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Most Subsidized Industry, and Longest Average Lifespans.
- : New Echelon's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : New Echelon was refounded in Balder.
- : New Echelon ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : New Echelon was endorsed by Frie annium.
- : New Echelon was endorsed by The Delegate of McMasterdonia.
- : New Echelon was endorsed by Quebekistand.