The Confederacy of New Jakobly is a huge, cultured nation, renowned for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and ubiquitous missile silos. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 256 million New Jakoblians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 29.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse New Jakoblian economy, worth 26.4 trillion Costas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 103,022 Costas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Phone taps are frequently carried out by the police, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists, and politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Jakobly's national animal is the Raven, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Jakobly was endorsed by The Shogunate of New Suternia.
- : Following new legislation in New Jakobly, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental.
- : Following new legislation in New Jakobly, 13-year-old internet trolls are treated as a threat on par with terrorists.
- : New Jakobly lodged a message on the Imperial Senate Regional Message Board.
- : New Jakobly was endorsed by The Theocracy of Federative Zion.
- : Following new legislation in New Jakobly, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones.
- : Following new legislation in New Jakobly, phone taps are frequently carried out by the police.
- : Following new legislation in New Jakobly, death row inmates cower in fear at the phrase "one-year anniversary".
- : New Jakobly was endorsed by The Senate and the People of The United States of Columbia.
- : New Jakobly was endorsed by The Pixel Sheep Islands of New Ulder.
Endorsements Received: 70 » The Evile Empire, The 3rd Swedish Empire, Josephtan, Dependants, Ormantum, United Soviet States Of Russian Empire, United Cascadian Peoples, Ravennog, New Cesorion, Runegeist, The MiniNation, Salanernterthwazva, Nikosan, Gliesetonia, Ierna, Tyranogorgon, Gorzi, Communaccord, Negra Modelo, Bietzopolis, Dimokratikos Enclave, Mjopolis, Vidor, Traffia, The Darklighters, Aestorn, Pac Viridion, San Guglielmo, Svea-Noregr, Obliquity, Geektopia, Prometheum, LiberNovusAmericae, Violet Hedgehog, Kingdom of Montana, KyLantiss, The X territories, Federated anarchic communes, Angea, Empire of Bentopia, Kycker, Banana Man154, Sarzville, Tokiff, Spiceamia, Respendon, Calponia, Carpia, Laureland, Laurennia, and 20 others.Amenembourg, HAVENLY MARK, Baconbacon123, Heisenbee, Hoping For The Best, Aegtreen, The Sentic, Deutches Afrika, The Greenteam, Pragique, Reatilber Soclistice, New Kingsley, MNI, Marinne, The Traditional States, Equinoctial States, New Ulder, The United States of Columbia, Federative Zion, and New Suternia.