|Leader||The Great Shurah - Ali Pasha|
The Islamic States of New Mountain States of Turkey is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by The Great Shurah - Ali Pasha with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, soft-spoken computers, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, devout population of 1.8 billion Turkish enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Erzurum. The average income tax rate is 75.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Turkish economy, worth 261 trillion Lire a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is fairly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 145,242 Lire, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.4 times as much as the poorest.
Dog owners proudly declare that their pups can predict when the mailman will arrive, lawyers spend as much time preparing their make-up as they do their briefs, there are no more heroes any more, and criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers. Crime is totally unknown. New Mountain States of Turkey's national animal is the Grey wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Mountain States of Turkey was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : New Mountain States of Turkey was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Anisopterra.
- : New Mountain States of Turkey was endorsed by The Empire of Kuriko.
- : New Mountain States of Turkey was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : New Mountain States of Turkey was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Kachikawawa.
- : New Mountain States of Turkey voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : New Mountain States of Turkey was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : New Mountain States of Turkey applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in New Mountain States of Turkey, criminal rehabilitation takes place in re-education centers.
- : Following new legislation in New Mountain States of Turkey, there are no more heroes any more.