|Leader||President Jacob Cox|
The United Socialist States of New Peoples Empire is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Jacob Cox with an iron fist, and remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.801 billion Imperians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Apollodoris. The average income tax rate is 90.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Imperian economy, worth 289 trillion Rubles a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Arms Manufacturing, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 76,054 Rubles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government snoops on private internet connections, the police go to great efforts to seize contraband favored by politicians on the police oversight committee, 50% of adverts on children's television are for clothes made of cotton wool, and fashion magazine covers finally display realistic body images following photo-manipulation becoming illegal. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New Peoples Empire's national animal is the Falcon, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is State Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New Peoples Empire endorsed The Free Land of Cyberpunk.
- : New Peoples Empire was endorsed by The Free Land of Cyberpunk.
- : New Peoples Empire endorsed The Benevolent Dictatorship of Caleban.
- : New Peoples Empire was endorsed by The Benevolent Dictatorship of Caleban.
- : New Peoples Empire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The Communist Bloc".
- : New Peoples Empire lodged a message on the Europeia Regional Message Board.
- : New Peoples Empire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting the Rights of Labour Unions".
- : New Peoples Empire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : New Peoples Empire endorsed The Shelter of The Lost Men.
- : New Peoples Empire was endorsed by The Shelter of The Lost Men.
Endorsements Received: 23 » Raghallaigh, Mutualist American Republics, West Wirral, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Primorye Oblast, Pirataria, Elwin, Hesskin Empire, Mancheseva City, Le Libertia, Paigentland, Vlazinova, Sudmar Island, Greatnessity City, Mediocrea, Caffeinated, Deliber, Arvigiel, Sincluda, Guatemalan Corsica, The Lost Men, Caleban, and Cyberpunk.