The Free Land of New South Hope is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Dash with a fair hand, and renowned for its daily referendums, state-planned economy, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 810 million New South Hopeans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Newton City. The average income tax rate is 91.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient New South Hopean economy, worth 89.2 trillion newtons a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is an impressive 110,100 newtons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend, state dairy cow's milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small-caliber bullets, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems, and nations that kill a New South Hopean can expect a strongly worded letter. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. New South Hope's national animal is the caracal, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : New South Hope was endorsed by The Vivancantadian Kartaganra of Technocratic Tagalog.
- : New South Hope was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Following new legislation in New South Hope, nations that kill a New South Hopean can expect a strongly worded letter.
- : Following new legislation in New South Hope, politicians accost strangers in the street to ask their problems.
- : New South Hope endorsed The Federation of Ephem.
- : New South Hope was endorsed by The Federation of Ephem.
- : Following new legislation in New South Hope, state dairy cow's milk is a shear-thickening fluid that can stop small-caliber bullets.
- : Following new legislation in New South Hope, parents seeking custody have to write a five-thousand word analysis of their child's imaginary friend.
- : Following new legislation in New South Hope, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Following new legislation in New South Hope, a traveller who once stubbed a toe on an Air Brancaland flight has been offered asylum.
Endorsements Received: 53 » Marrabuk, Todd McCloud, Dragons Blood, Pakitsk, Brotherland, East Malaysia, VW53Aland, Asendavia, H-Zhena, Zukchiva, Elejamie, Ridann, Unger under over, Goodnamesarerare, Slys Paws, Talitoa, Liberstankonia, Headpat Central, Adavan, The Empire of Rijelv, New Leganes, Wizardonia, Kriov, Outer Verron Swicia Islands, Under Sea Desert, Tretrid, Rainbow Vests, Libertanny, Axdel, The Three States of Fortuna, Ripsylvania, BuciLand, FreedomIand, The Eternal Land of Jong, Lingu, Greater New Cassandra, The Brazillian Parlament Of Idideology, Republic of Berzerkistan, Azureano, Staynes, Mays Austrian Nation, Raunch, Evrigenis, A mean old man, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, Nevertopia, Stellar Colonies, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Coruh, and 3 others.Blobbo, Ephem, and Technocratic Tagalog.