|Animal||Royal Blue Eagle|
The Moderate Democracy of NewHez is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by William Jefferson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 17.25 billion NewHezzes love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Morisco. The average income tax rate is 92.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient NewHezzian economy, worth a remarkable 1,696 trillion Torch Dollars a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 98,357 Torch Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, one does not simply walk into the tundra, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed, and citizens are required to report any and all incidents of prayer to their local Religious Affairs Officer. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. NewHez's national animal is the Royal Blue Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NewHez's influence in Confederacy of Allied States rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Following new legislation in NewHez, citizens are required to report any and all incidents of prayer to their local Religious Affairs Officer.
- : Following new legislation in NewHez, EpiPen sales have skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in NewHez, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in NewHez, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : NewHez relocated from Balder to Confederacy of Allied States.
- : NewHez was refounded in Balder.
- : NewHez ceased to exist in Confederacy of Allied States.
- : Following new legislation in NewHez, the nation's democracy attracts huddled masses yearning to breathe free.
- : Following new legislation in NewHez, police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers.