The New Republic of Nidowe is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by The Chancellery with an even hand, and remarkable for its fear of technology, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, devout population of 2.678 billion Nidoweans are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Law & Order, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Aelcrest. The average income tax rate is 69.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Nidowean economy, worth 187 trillion nikrons a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,181 nikrons, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Tourists are denied entry because of a distant relative married to a Lilliputian, citizens are told that foreigners are hungry ghosts who eat the flesh of the overly curious, politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional, and judges are rumored to find in favor of whoever bribes them the most. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nidowe's national animal is the capybara, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Agrarianism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nidowe's influence in Europe rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Nidowe was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Following new legislation in Nidowe, judges are rumored to find in favor of whoever bribes them the most.
- : Nidowe was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Moralistic Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Nidowe, politicians that report exaggerated crowd sizes for their speeches are dismissed for being delusional.
- : Following new legislation in Nidowe, citizens are told that foreigners are hungry ghosts who eat the flesh of the overly curious.
- : Following new legislation in Nidowe, tourists are denied entry because of a distant relative married to a Lilliputian.
- : Following new legislation in Nidowe, it is illegal to brush crumbs off your clothing outdoors.
- : Nidowe was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Ausvelt.
- : Nidowe was reclassified from "Moralistic Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
Endorsements Received: 44 » The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, The New Mexican Confederation, Mynox, Imperium Anglorum, Meropis, Kanokla, Yahlia, Elisabethshagen, Saint Domingo, Regnum Italiae, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, Thracia Republic, Walfo, Shaor, Invernessia, Slavonia and Srijem, North of Americas, Ostermarch, The Champions League, Falvaard, Gliesetonia, Valtrona, Christian Terra, Abject Ludicrosity, Republic of Satherland, GanymedEuropa, Irminsulia, Trixeland, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Stromia, Jim the Baptist, Kyrica, Destyntine, Eski, Brakanistan, Dark Matter, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, The New Nordic Union, Ausvelt, and En Hassik.