The People's Republic of Nook Incorporated is a huge, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service, public floggings, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed population of 917 million Nook Incorporatedians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 37.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Nook Incorporatedian economy, worth 36.0 trillion Bells a year, is quite specialized and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 39,287 Bells, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Late night adverts for breast milk co-ops regularly win pornography industry awards, adults pretending to be teenage girls claim to have wholesome motives, the internet has been placed under government control, and women who can do math in their head are burned for witchcraft. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nook Incorporated's national animal is the Tanuki, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nook Incorporated was endorsed by The Disconcerting Deputy of Flying Snow.
- : Following new legislation in Nook Incorporated, women who can do math in their head are burned for witchcraft.
- : Nook Incorporated was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Nook Incorporated was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cheerful Citizens.
- : Nook Incorporated was endorsed by The Vizier and Sam of New Leganes.
- : Nook Incorporated was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Nook Incorporated, the internet has been placed under government control.
- : Nook Incorporated was endorsed by The Rogue Nation of Horn of Havenkaap.
- : Nook Incorporated was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Yelkinam.
- : Nook Incorporated was endorsed by The Republic of Virgoliaendorses.
Endorsements Received: 30 » Axdel, H-Zhena, VW53Aland, Zukchiva, Libertanny, Todd McCloud, Brotherland, Dragons Blood, Asendavia, Lingu, East Malaysia, The Three States of Fortuna, Merlovich, Rohanland, Evrigenis, Mays Austrian Nation, Tretrid, A mean old man, BuciLand, Khadah, Roissyland, Santa Dystopia, Ephem, Staynes, Modra, Oofery, Yelkinam, Horn of Havenkaap, New Leganes, and Flying Snow.