The Disputed Territories of Nordafrik Conclaves is a huge, efficient nation, notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, vat-grown people, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 392 million NordafrikšŠns are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Akachi. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The all-consuming Nordafrik Conclavesian economy, worth 39.3 trillion marks a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Tourism, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 100,151 marks, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 298,669 per year while the poor average 26,297, a ratio of 11.4 to 1.
School teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students, employers may fire workers without giving any reason, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss, and corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Nordafrik Conclaves's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nordafrik Conclaves was endorsed by The Giga Reich of Ariankido.
- : Following new legislation in Nordafrik Conclaves, corporations claim the third ounce of any metal traded in a wicker-cone on the Sunday of a full moon as a charitable expense.
- : Following new legislation in Nordafrik Conclaves, most people suffer from some form of hearing loss.
- : Nordafrik Conclaves was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Armed.
- : Nordafrik Conclaves endorsed The あおぬき！아오누키！ of Hanguk-Nippon.
- : Following new legislation in Nordafrik Conclaves, employers may fire workers without giving any reason.
- : Nordafrik Conclaves was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Corporate Bordello".
- : Following new legislation in Nordafrik Conclaves, school teachers check the staff room for hidden webcams before complaining about rebellious students.
- : Nordafrik Conclaves was endorsed by The あおぬき！아오누키！ of Hanguk-Nippon.
- : Nordafrik Conclaves changed its national demonym to "NordafrikšŠn".
Endorsements Received: 54 » Drystar, Si-topia, Erinor, Saciu, Tsunamy, Barabarom, Wehraboos, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Luddinlande, Quiescent, Anachronolandia, Xandev, Kiasu-ism, The Filippinas, Aidenfieeld, Shadow-Land, Dasko, Academy of Umbrellas, Agalaesia, Ostanasia, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Farengeto, Bear Connors Paradiso, Jehenna, Volaworand, Churumduul, Lambdaland, Tsvetania, Aumeltopia, The Solar System Scope, New Juan Carlos Land, Chocholand, Milvands, Doomen, USNE2018, Mew Nation, Roavin, Pays de Loire, Amerion, Kringalia, Wild Space, Upper Tyrconnel, Qawe, Great Africans, Qvait, Phanama, PenguinPies, Beepee, Rebel-topia, P R of China, and 4 others.Elveka, United Federated States of Omega, Hanguk-Nippon, and Ariankido.