The Commonwealth of Norfolk and Cambridgeshire is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its anti-smoking policies, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 421 million Nor-folks are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cambridge. The average income tax rate is 31.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Norfolk and Cambridgeshirean economy, worth 29.9 trillion pounds a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Furniture Restoration, and Automobile Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 70,908 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The sanitised and dull music festivals of Norfolk and Cambridgeshire are famed for their reasonable volume levels, rural communities are all but disenfranchised as politicians focus all their attention on winning the deciding urban votes, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case, and a convict's trip to prison can be longer than the sentence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norfolk and Cambridgeshire's national animal is the lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire was endorsed by The Democratic States of Bortheria.
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector.
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire was endorsed by The Gold Phoenix Queendom of Ignis Cinere.
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of The Republic of Osea.
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire changed its national capital to "Cambridge" and its demonym to "Nor-folk".
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Supporting and Valuing the Humanities".
- : Norfolk and Cambridgeshire voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Condemn Vandoosa"".
- : Following new legislation in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire, a convict's trip to prison can be longer than the sentence.
- : Following new legislation in Norfolk and Cambridgeshire, Little League matches are often attended by riot police with water cannon... just in case.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Northern Nivaria, Randopian, Kuriko, Valentian Elysium, Tamsalin, Wysrod, Dustwind, Waitiki, Ehrgeizig, Anisopterra, Evertopia, Kachikawawa, The Republic of Osea, Ignis Cinere, and Bortheria.