The Holy Empire of North Insomnia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Mad Loser with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, smutty television, and daily referendums. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.079 billion North Insomnians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Headachent. The average income tax rate is 96.5%.
The frighteningly efficient North Insomnian economy, worth 733 trillion piastres a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 179,943 piastres, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the North Insomnia Blood Tithe, politicians bribe ten-year-old geniuses to sit their aptitude tests, and drive-by spoilers are an increasingly common crime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Insomnia's national animal is the dragon, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is ourselves.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, drive-by spoilers are an increasingly common crime.
- : North Insomnia was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, politicians bribe ten-year-old geniuses to sit their aptitude tests.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, tax evaders are regularly visited by agents of the North Insomnia Blood Tithe.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Following new legislation in North Insomnia, banning party poppers has been a real party pooper.
- : North Insomnia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : North Insomnia endorsed The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : North Insomnia endorsed The Armed Republic of Survivoristan.
- : North Insomnia was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
Endorsements Received: 77 » H-Zhena, Someseni, Dark Edgyness, Brotherland, Wiranath, Axdel, Hizuru, Galve, BearStackof2015, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Talitoa, Am Echad, Kilkire, Pakitsk, The United Neo American Union, Kangarawa, VW53Aland, Libertanny, Stanisiti, Sericena, Dragons Blood, Eagas, Brethren, A Slanted Black Stripe, East Malaysia, Marrabuk, United China Nation, Rhealaliit, Ridann, Squid Ruinosa, Modra, Evrigenis, Kalaratri, Freedom Fascists, Rainbow Vests, Republic of Berzerkistan, Roliganistan, Monix, Asendavia, Merlovich, Rage Mage, Zukchiva, Great Algerstonia, Kevduxia, Ripsylvania, Fellon, Stellar Colonies, Tretrid, The Eternal Land of Jong, Rohanland, and 27 others.Coruh, Acronis, Lingu, BuciLand, The Three States of Fortuna, Staynes, Raunch, Virgoliaendorses, Puelo, Aivintis, Jakubonia, Mays Austrian Nation, Oofery, Technocratic Tagalog, TM-Jesselton, Sovietsoyuz, Greater New Cassandra, Imprisoned Freeman, Tseriesiscoming, Servants of Gizmo, Filipopol, A mean old man, Grey Haven of Tauraucania, Nevertopia, Santa Dystopia, Survivoristan, and Refuge Isle.