|Capital||North Southumberland City|
|Leader||Rulerman The Wise|
The Most Serene Republic of North Southumberland is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Rulerman The Wise with an even hand, and remarkable for its national health service, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 16.972 billion North Southers enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of North Southumberland City. The average income tax rate is 98.9%.
The frighteningly efficient North Southish economy, worth a remarkable 3,913 trillion Floogles a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 230,607 Floogles, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals, and police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. North Southumberland's national animal is the Wombat, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, police escort anti-abortion activists to free speech cages if they try to express their views.
- : North Southumberland was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, retirement homes are filled with foreign war criminals.
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits.
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, abortions are routinely performed in the nation's hospitals.
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, dictionary sales have hit an all-time high.
- : North Southumberland voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, drunk drivers are sent to rehabilitation paid for by the government.
- : Following new legislation in North Southumberland, violently opinionated speakers can be heard preaching their hateful views on every street corner.
Endorsements Received: 68 » Samonaemia, Seantonia, Achiotopia, Better Indonesia, Lamborghini Murcielago, Blogotopia, Seranis, Tzo, The Soylent Green Party, Anollasia, Testa, Zeganas, Dustwind, Coreras, Killettland, Aspistania, Maalemzya, Wysrod, New Fania, Echocrimsonia, PYT, Nooooooooooooooo, Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Nixtodea, Oyste, Kebecois, Evonidiche, Ferte, Northern Nivaria, Karlando, Free Land of Rebellium, Spncrgmn, Libertaritaritaritaria, Zyrcrestia, Anisopterra, Valentian Elysium, Ascended Union, QuazaFire, Discotheque, Randopian, Tamsalin, Jeelung, Ao Kuang, Johnne Green, Krystalveil, The Republic of Osea, Nublar Paradox, Chocolate Coookies, Lesbi, and 18 others.Alen-roshh, Medetas, Vill Send, AciaciaMont, Republic of Karskarovyt, Evertopia, Itic, Ehrgeizig, Lunador, Vivolkha, Leprechaun Gold, Armatha, Great Ranges, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, Liberdon, and Islands of Czechia.