The Dominion of Norwegian dominion is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 325 million Norwegians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The medium-sized, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Public Transport. The average income tax rate is 26.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Norwegian dominionian economy, worth 11.0 trillion Marks a year, is dominated by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 33,942 Marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats, the nation's forests are full of treasure hunters in military-grade survival gear, the song 'They Got an Awful Lot of Coffee in Norwegian dominion' is a smash hit, and children's toy tractors have been seized as state property. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Norwegian dominion's national animal is the Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Norwegian dominion's influence in The Great Monarchical Nations rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Norwegian dominion's influence in The Great Monarchical Nations rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Norwegian dominion relocated from The Rejected Realms to The Great Monarchical Nations.
- : Norwegian dominion's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Norwegian dominion relocated from The Great Monarchical Nations to The Rejected Realms.
- : Norwegian dominion was ejected from The Great Monarchical Nations by The Sacred Imperial State of Estonul.
- : Norwegian dominion's influence in The Great Monarchical Nations rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Norwegian dominion's influence in The Great Monarchical Nations rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Norwegian dominion's influence in The Great Monarchical Nations rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Norwegian dominion lodged a message on the The Great Monarchical Nations Regional Message Board.