The Dominion of Nova-Americana is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 225 million Nova-Americanans are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.2%.
The very strong Nova-Americanan economy, worth 14.0 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Basket Weaving, and Retail. Average income is 62,299 dollars, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 214,679 per year while the poor average 13,239, a ratio of 16.2 to 1.
Brancaland has gifted over nine thousand putrid moose carcasses to Nova-Americana as a reminder of their "special relationship", the practice of capital punishment proves divisive, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, and teenagers are making eye contact with each other for the first time in years. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low, thanks to a capable police force. Nova-Americana's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova-Americana's influence in The Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Nova-Americana's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Nova-Americana's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Nova-Americana altered its national flag.
- : Following new legislation in Nova-Americana, teenagers are making eye contact with each other for the first time in years.
- : Nova-Americana lodged a message on the The Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Nova-Americana relocated from Lazarus to The Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Nova-Americana, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Nova-Americana was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Nova-Americana ceased to exist in The Pacific.