The Unified Nation of Nova Laguna is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Geovani Santos with a fair hand, and notable for its prohibition of alcohol, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.426 billion Lagunenses love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Administration, and Industry are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of AcarajéCity. The average income tax rate is 84.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Novo-Lagunense economy, worth 577 trillion M£Cs a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Basket Weaving, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 89,839 M£Cs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, knitters are arrested for carrying needles in their bags, broken suspension systems are giving auto repair shops plenty of business, and in court almost every witness is a hostile witness. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nova Laguna's national animal is the Índigo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nova Laguna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Nova Laguna's influence in Novo Brasil rose from "Zero" to "Truckler".
- : Nova Laguna altered its national flag.
- : Nova Laguna relocated from Lazarus to Novo Brasil.
- : Nova Laguna's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Nova Laguna was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed.
- : Nova Laguna's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Nova Laguna was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Nova Laguna ceased to exist in Novo Brasil.
- : Nova Laguna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.