|Leader||Chancellor Bobilberth Díaz|
|Faith||Protestant Reich Church|
The Federal Union of Nueva Babilonia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Chancellor Bobilberth Díaz with an iron fist, and remarkable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 13.657 billion Babilonians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, corrupt, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Depito. The average income tax rate is 83.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Neo-Babilonian economy, worth 525 trillion Escudoes a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, extremely specialized black market in Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. State-owned companies are the norm. Average income is 38,483 Escudoes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Thalassophobia and heliophobia are on the rise, libraries have replaced overdue book fines with mandatory mental health assessments, atheists on vacation find Protestant Reich Church's scriptures make useful doorstops, and military equipment stores have a tendency to go up in flames. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Nueva Babilonia's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Protestant Reich Church.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nueva Babilonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Dead and Most Zombified.
- : Nueva Babilonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombies and the Top 10% for Most Survivors.
- : Nueva Babilonia's influence in The Equator fell from "Hermit" to "Dealmaker".
- : Nueva Babilonia's influence in The Equator rose from "Page" to "Hermit".
- : Nueva Babilonia altered its national flag.
- : Nueva Babilonia relocated from Balder to The Equator.
- : Nueva Babilonia was refounded in Balder.
- : Nueva Babilonia ceased to exist in The Equator.
- : Nueva Babilonia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Nueva Babilonia's influence in The Equator fell from "Hegemony" to "Dealmaker".