|Leader||Umar Ibn al-Sa'id|
The Arab Arbiter of Nueva Rico is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by Umar Ibn al-Sa'id with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 7.047 billion Nueva Ricoans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moncóvila. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The frighteningly efficient Nuyorican economy, worth a remarkable 1,048 trillion ridgers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 148,848 ridgers, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nuyorican novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Umar Ibn al-Sa'id, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled', older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, and unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Nueva Rico's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Sufism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Nueva Rico's influence in Ridgefield rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, unpopular cops are fired at a moment's notice by the citizens they police.
- : Nueva Rico was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Liberal Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, trouble-makers are frequently turned in to the government to be 'recycled'.
- : Nueva Rico was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Nueva Rico voted for The Empire of Kuriko in Round 3 of the election.
- : Nueva Rico endorsed The Technocratic Hexarchy of Helaw.
- : Following new legislation in Nueva Rico, Nuyorican novella fans become unusually flustered when thinking about Umar Ibn al-Sa'id.
- : Nueva Rico published "History [RF]" (Bulletin: Policy).
Endorsements Received: 17 » DiRito-Opolis, Holy Bolivar Empire, Niffelheim, Nesser, New Rodack, W1nky, Duby, Tiskaiya, Antarcticao, Luke Combs, The Hebrew people of Judea, Luna Dam, Bretislavia, Helaw, Nomera, North Jericho, and Bee Che.