The Grace and Precision of Oaks 139 is a massive, efficient nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service, keen interest in outer space, and frequent executions. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.255 billion Oaks 139ians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Healthcare, Defense, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 56.2%.
The all-consuming Oaks 139ian economy, worth 158 trillion planets a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Woodchip Exports, Uranium Mining, and Pizza Delivery. Black market activity is extensive. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 70,288 planets, with the richest citizens earning 5.1 times as much as the poorest.
Oaks 139ian companies generally just fire employees in lieu of giving them vacation, criminal convictions are routinely thrown out because the accused's grandmother didn't get to testify about their good character, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark, and suppression of pro-democracy protests is a daily occurrence. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 139's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 139 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 139's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 139 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 139 relocated from Payday Alliance to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 139's influence in Payday Alliance rose from "Zero" to "Powerbroker".
- : Oaks 139 relocated from Artificial Solar System to Payday Alliance.
- : Oaks 139 was endorsed by The Republic of Obsessions.
- : Oaks 139 endorsed The Queendom of Starlight Glimmer 51.
- : Oaks 139 endorsed The Republic of Ioke 96.
- : Oaks 139 endorsed The Allied States of Market-87.