The Refugi Spirit of Oaks 208 is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its unlimited-speed roads, zero percent divorce rate, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.078 billion Oaks 208ians are highly moralistic and fiercely conservative, in the sense that they tend to believe most things should be outlawed. People who have good jobs and work quietly at them are lauded; others are viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 46.2%.
The powerhouse Oaks 208ian economy, worth 194 trillion planets a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Woodchip Exports, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 93,785 planets, with the richest citizens earning 9.2 times as much as the poorest.
Breast milk is being redistributed from each according to their ability to each according to their need, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches, truck drivers turn their engines off and coast whenever they're going downhill, and children are sent to either religious or secular schools. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 208's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 208 applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 208 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Furniture Restoration Industry.
- : Oaks 208 changed its national motto to "Lucabaduka".
- : Oaks 208's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 208 relocated from Nariyan to Artificial Solar System.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 208, children are sent to either religious or secular schools.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 208, truck drivers turn their engines off and coast whenever they're going downhill.
- : Following new legislation in Oaks 208, spoiler warnings are now given out before political speeches.
- : Oaks 208's influence in Nariyan fell from "Squire" to "Page".
- : Oaks 208's influence in Nariyan rose from "Zero" to "Squire".