The Refugi Spirit of Oaks 223 is a massive, orderly nation, renowned for its infamous sell-swords, parental licensing program, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless population of 2.214 billion Oaks 223ians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 59.4%.
The powerhouse Oaks 223ian economy, worth 176 trillion planets a year, is quite specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Trout Farming, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 79,596 planets, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget, party-lovers often change religions just for the weekend, sanitary products are sold in brown paper at hairdressers' salons, and parents must choose their children's names from a government-mandated master list. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 223's national animal is the falcon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 223 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 223 relocated from A Forest of Mist to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 223 was endorsed by The Republic of Denshi Sentai Denziman.
- : Oaks 223 was endorsed by The Max berry of Makasta2.
- : Oaks 223's influence in A Forest of Mist rose from "Zero" to "Diplomat".
- : Oaks 223 was endorsed by The Republic of Quebecshire IV.
- : Oaks 223 was endorsed by The Colony of TheNowNow.
- : Oaks 223 endorsed The Republic of Slowest Moon Around 35.
- : Oaks 223 endorsed The Colony of TheNowNow.
- : Oaks 223 endorsed The Republic of Denshi Sentai Denziman.