The Hundred Oaker Forest of Oaks 86 is a massive, orderly nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 4.099 billion Oaks 86ians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 75.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Oaks 86ian economy, worth 581 trillion planets a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 141,754 planets, with the richest citizens earning 9.8 times as much as the poorest.
Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Oaks 86 City to enjoy their national art, punk rockers smash it up and then clean it up, global anti-terrorist organisations strongly suspect Oaks 86 of supplying extremist groups, and college students make ends meet by selling their kidneys. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oaks 86's national animal is the falcon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oaks 86's influence in Artificial Solar System rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Oaks 86 relocated from The Grand Citadel to Artificial Solar System.
- : Oaks 86 resigned as Detag of The Grand Citadel.
- : Oaks 86 abolished the regional flag of The Grand Citadel.
- : Oaks 86 updated the World Factbook entry in The Grand Citadel.
- : Oaks 86 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Oaks 86 appointed Oaks 86 as Detag with authority over Appearance, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Grand Citadel.
- : Oaks 86 became WA Delegate of The Grand Citadel.
- : Oaks 86's influence in The Grand Citadel rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Oaks 86 was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.