The Commonwealth of Oforrriand is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its museums and concert halls, anti-smoking policies, and hatred of cheese. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.224 billion Oforrriandians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 86.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Oforrriandian economy, worth 77.5 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Basket Weaving and Tourism. Average income is 63,326 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it, and psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oforrriand's national animal is the unicorn, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oforrriand was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Average Tax Rates and Most Extensive Public Healthcare and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Following new legislation in Oforrriand, psychiatrists bizarrely accompany Leader to meetings with foreign heads of state.
- : Following new legislation in Oforrriand, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it.
- : Following new legislation in Oforrriand, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Oforrriand endorsed The Republic of Androxis.
- : Oforrriand was endorsed by The Dictatorship of Guztavo.
- : Oforrriand was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
- : Following new legislation in Oforrriand, government reports are now used to teach toddlers to read.
- : Following new legislation in Oforrriand, the nation has nearly as many history museums as Oforrriandians.
- : Oforrriand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments and Most Advanced Public Education.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Ipsonasia, Saarkon, Arvigiel, Raghallaigh, Pirataria, Polgaria, Le Libertia, Precisely Nothing, Aexnidaral, Poquaoi, Eloscape, Mancheseva City, South Eastern Centralia, Old Aweic Wirs, Free Rosabell, Dat Countreh, Purgitz, ROFLOLMAO LAND, Mikkazuki, Brickfield, Twilight Ways, Coulthos, The Democratic Peoples, Bolger, Liberepublia, Acapais, Lethen, Terra Potestatem, Volkovica, Poulton-with-Fearnhead, Greatnessity City, Elaeria, Winnak, Desrouleaux, Emastalia, Morongia, Clialaad, United-Marrshmallows, Murden, Ikheria, Saarland-Niederbayern, Baobab-Bumbaria, Envielle, Deathfall, Caffeinated, Kingdom of Stargard, New Peoples Empire, Chungus World, and Androxis.