The Imperial Union of States of Oneid is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Tomas Lovekost with an iron fist, and remarkable for its otherworldly petting zoo, zero percent divorce rate, and vat-grown people. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 2.427 billion Oneidians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order, Industry, and Administration also on the agenda, while Environment and International Aid receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shanghai. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 51.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Oneidian economy, worth 363 trillion Dolars a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Retail, Uranium Mining, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 149,717 Dolars, with the richest citizens earning 8.6 times as much as the poorest.
People who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card, twins are held culpable for the actions of their siblings, and a citizen who thinks a slave is a deadbeat is entitled to make the descriptor literally true. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oneid's national animal is the Cat, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Empty Gods.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Oneid was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement and Largest Retail Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Oneid, a citizen who thinks a slave is a deadbeat is entitled to make the descriptor literally true.
- : Following new legislation in Oneid, twins are held culpable for the actions of their siblings.
- : Following new legislation in Oneid, anti-vaxxers claim that injected children are prone to psychotic breaks when they see the 'Queen of Diamonds' playing card.
- : Following new legislation in Oneid, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile.
- : Oneid banned The Democratic States of TWPAF Nottinghamshire from Oneid.
- : Oneid proposed constructing embassies between Oneid and Pecan Sandies.
- : Oneid relocated from Gaia project to Oneid.
- : Oneid relocated from Oneid to Gaia project.
- : Oneid founded the region Gaia project.