The Grand Bananan Republic of Orcatortugs is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Wawa with a fair hand, and renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 5.167 billion Kturtlians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wawatown. The average income tax rate is 81.5%.
The frighteningly efficient Orcatortugan economy, worth 555 trillion Stars a year, is quite specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Tourism. Average income is an impressive 107,567 Stars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.8 times as much as the poorest.
Rich people sell their mansions to pay for endless rows of mobile homes, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days, and prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orcatortugs's national animal is the Whale, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Tortugan.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orcatortugs voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Ellenburg".
- : Orcatortugs voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Native Prairies and Grasslands".
- : Following new legislation in Orcatortugs, prime commercial land is being swamped with archaeological teams.
- : Following new legislation in Orcatortugs, veteran cops reminisce over their heavy armor days.
- : Following new legislation in Orcatortugs, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Following new legislation in Orcatortugs, rich people sell their mansions to pay for endless rows of mobile homes.
- : Orcatortugs was endorsed by The Factory of Aluminum Oxynitride.
- : Following new legislation in Orcatortugs, drivers regularly pull over for nonexistent police cars.
- : Following new legislation in Orcatortugs, courtrooms can be a little sketchy.
- : Following new legislation in Orcatortugs, citizens applying for their first jobs face fierce competition from the homeless.
Endorsements Received: 105 » Fallgriffin, Sensorland, DiscGolfLand, Westwind, Kisovec, Fujai, Ferroia, Psikuta, Crazy Waters, Papercuts and Skittles, Gryphonian Alliance, The Undivided, Nevafornia, Liberillia, Mathematania, Wickedly evil people, Mirchusko, Archonina, Tropical Isles, The Technocratic Ideas, Pandaland II, Xupqeu, Wyndward, Arnic, Dilber, Atheist States of Philippines, Greynne, Kittenlicious, Great Sheriffdom, Condonohia, Greg Tucker, Maria, Fumafuma, Probablynotverygoodistan, Marshalia, Akshireuya, Cro Magnon, Moriari, Fuentana, Leukogeras, Holmani, Einherfell, Nieubasria, Kiensu, IndyCar Racing, Anuubis, Mediobogdum, The United Tribes of Bantai, Volkason, Grand Republic of the Sun, and 55 others.Gracelantia, Giovanniland, Hamburg Neo, Willow Gate, BIteland, Aldesport, Ostrogothaland, Professor thomas, The First Earth Empire, Husac, Yaspica, Zuriath, Mackieron, Lodiberdade, Ibelin Secundus, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Forcaforta, Albyion Kingdom, Combined waffle states, Joubertbourg, Nor Gonus, The Greater Rizal, The United Republic of Westend, Muad-Dib, The Free States of Gotham, Paschalia, Dei et Hominis, The North American Assembly, Entirnya, Imperial Eascalsh Ohavillbell, Dannerism, The Rega, Inner Ryxtylopia, Oberia Adrus, BoxcarJim, Marusin, Novilu, Neon Sweden, Ellcrys, Blok M, Glorious Existence, Socialist Australiana, Schantan, Weratt, Dowaesk, One Nation under Rob, Vicerante, The Tynister, Lothundy, Av Libertas Vindex, Rajtech, Podium, Otny, and Aluminum Oxynitride.