The Republic of Orkentine is a huge, safe nation, remarkable for its rum-swilling pirates, state-planned economy, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 593 million Orkentineans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Orkentinia. The average income tax rate is 67.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Orkentinean economy, worth 19.4 trillion Chorks a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 32,757 Chorks, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward, and every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Orkentine's national animal is the Vampire Bat, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Orkentine was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Lionia.
- : Following new legislation in Orkentine, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in Orkentine, ice-filled coffins are ominously positioned in the corner of every hospital ward.
- : Following new legislation in Orkentine, incarcerated crime lords manage their empires from massage tables.
- : Orkentine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Least Corrupt Governments.
- : Orkentine was endorsed by The Empire of His Enduring Majesty.
- : Orkentine was endorsed by The Enlightened AI Tsardom of Blyskalia.
- : Orkentine was endorsed by The Dominion of The Calabash Protectorate.
- : Orkentine was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Orkentine, most of the nation's wealthy aristocrats are dentists.
Endorsements Received: 107 » Lulubellia, Aerilia, Yaorozu, Sil Dorsett, Shibutani, Hamerica, Votak Matim, Former English Colony, Xagill, Svenskskit, The Tampa Bay Rays, Francois Isidore, The Rhein States, Koda-Land, Loutsland, Ellbonnia, Figyjharli, Orado, Omnistria, Guer Aike, Pasargad, Xentherida, Bankowiata, Siwale, Great Bights Mum, Bharathvarsh, Phaerra, Dreadton, Empy, Venicea, Hardscrabble, Republica Guilleana, Dangine, Interdimensional Zone, New Lakemba, Defense For The World Assembly, Zemnaya Svoboda, Territorio di Nessuno, Steampunk Ariel, Religioncord, El Fiji Grande, Cretox State, Kromi, Tyirza, Corfad, Ethnon, Xyrron, Notyoutopia, Darkmondoria, Zzozona, and 57 others.Illusia and Neverendia, Centrialand, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Climeria, Yokciq Empire, Selfgradatude, Sikol, Wilkshire, Strongwill, Kragsgale, Eri-Maqa-Ena, McMasterdonia, Siforpeo, Pallaith, Valentine Z, Wapistan, Yellops, Planes, Travislavania, Lol2639, Mon Island, Seanat, Sunto, Kranostav, Tsandonown, Aryan Homeland, Frances Francis the First of France, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libvillia, Super Girl, The Pantheons, Greater Ale Permars, Ariele, Runeda, Sundred, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Kastonvia, Madjack, Card Kingdom, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Sopernia, Wineclaw, Bearical, Unshleepd, Muqatil, Que Lukustinardon, Nova Arcania, Outer Shenendoah, Capablanca, Sahriastan, The Calabash Protectorate, Blyskalia, His Enduring Majesty, and Lionia.