|Faith||Cult of Reason|
The Virtuous Republic of Orson Welles is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Augustus with a fair hand, and notable for its flagrant waste-dumping, daily referendums, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 1.794 billion Romans are effectively ruled by a group of massive corporations, who run for political office and provide their well-off citizens with world-class goods and services. Their poorer citizens, however, are mostly starving to death while being urged to go out and get real jobs. The populace has reasonably extensive civil rights, although these are mostly aimed at allowing them to buy whatever they like.
The tiny, corrupt, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth 379 trillion Gold Denariis a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 211,773 Gold Denariis, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,349,300 per year while the poor average 13,696, a ratio of 98.5 to 1.
Foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Orson Welles, the poor are forced into bankruptcy by their energy bills, police detectives carry phrenology calipers as part of their standard kit, and pharmacists increasingly claim they are morally obligated to take long lunches. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Orson Welles's national animal is the Eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Cult of Reason.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, pharmacists increasingly claim they are morally obligated to take long lunches.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, police detectives carry phrenology calipers as part of their standard kit.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, the poor are forced into bankruptcy by their energy bills.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, foreigners must sell an arm and a leg to afford surgery in Orson Welles.
- : Orson Welles voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, young children are regularly seen wagering pocket money at blackjack tables.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, polygraphs are relegated to the dungeon exhibit in castle museums.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, convicts released after being found "wrongfully imprisoned" are surprisingly chill about the whole thing.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, 'A is for Annulment' is a popular children's song.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, homeless people can be found sleeping on streets in front of unoccupied second homes.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Giovanniland, Nieubasria, Mediobogdum, Anuubis, Fujai, Dilber, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Westwind, Fuentana, Psikuta, The Technocratic Ideas, Wickedly evil people, IndyCar Racing, Al-Amanah, Papercuts and Skittles, San Diego Islands, Atheist States of Philippines, Desmosthenes and Burke, The Rega, Win Mints, Hamburg Neo, The United Tribes of Bantai, The North American Assembly, Twisted Duality, Glorious Existence, Q The Almighty, Mathematania, DiscGolfLand, Kittenlicious, Pi Island, Akshireuya, Comia Noracon, Constantinopolisia, Sindria, Arvladma, Tropical Isles, Leukogeras, Common Good, Matism, Liberillia, Gracelantia, Condonohia, BIteland, The Undivided, BoxcarJim, Pilonistan, Nedtherland, Keri Kelli, Acropylae, Aldesport, and 48 others.Cro Magnon, Albyion Kingdom, Thyrall, Gryphonian Alliance, Bonelandia, Ahssn, Arnic, Futuo, Valocke, Xupqeu, Holmani, Marshalia, Champaign, Kiensu, Bova Ptaltand, Dreamers for Hope, Yaspica, Archonina, Pepinooo, Forcaforta, Atopias, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zuriath, Ostrogothaland, Fresnillo, Mackieron, Antahbrantahstan, Professor thomas, Lodiberdade, Mirchusko, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Eleftherios venizelos, Shaktirajya, Schlesien-Galizien, Plarland Amex, Schantan, Kalla, Akhkar, Ingentis Novus, Lynier, Probablynotverygoodistan, Weratt, Zoran, South New EastWestNorthland, North South Westoria, Senchuratia, and Willow Gate.