|Faith||Cult of Reason|
The Virtuous Republic of Orson Welles is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Augustus with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, infamous sell-swords, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 2.245 billion Romans enjoy some of the most opulent lifestyles in the region, unless they are unemployed or working-class, in which case they are variously starving to death or crippled by easily preventable diseases.
The tiny, corrupt, liberal, pro-business government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Education, and Administration are also considered important, while Welfare and International Aid are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rome. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 1.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Roman economy, worth 517 trillion Gold Denariis a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 230,552 Gold Denariis, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 1,168,482 per year while the poor average 25,234, a ratio of 46.3 to 1.
Roman politicians are often described as having more style than substance, babies are increasingly seen as a luxury, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies, and crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Orson Welles's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Cult of Reason.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, crowded passenger trains are near-silent save for the soft tap of fingers on touchscreens.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, conversion therapy coupons are a popular present for coming of age ceremonies.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, babies are increasingly seen as a luxury.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, Roman politicians are often described as having more style than substance.
- : Orson Welles was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, Augustus's peyote-induced "let's all just be friends" speech is trending world-wide.
- : Orson Welles voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, the nation has become a pariah for giving pirates letters of marque.
- : Following new legislation in Orson Welles, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Orson Welles was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
Endorsements Received: 98 » Giovanniland, Mediobogdum, Anuubis, Fujai, Dilber, New Democratic Republic of Russia, Westwind, Fuentana, Psikuta, The Technocratic Ideas, Wickedly evil people, IndyCar Racing, Al-Amanah, Papercuts and Skittles, San Diego Islands, Atheist States of Philippines, Desmosthenes and Burke, The Rega, Hamburg Neo, The United Tribes of Bantai, The North American Assembly, Twisted Duality, Glorious Existence, Q The Almighty, Mathematania, DiscGolfLand, Kittenlicious, Akshireuya, Comia Noracon, Constantinopolisia, Sindria, Arvladma, Tropical Isles, Leukogeras, Common Good, Matism, Liberillia, Gracelantia, Condonohia, BIteland, The Undivided, BoxcarJim, Nedtherland, Keri Kelli, Acropylae, Aldesport, Cro Magnon, Albyion Kingdom, Thyrall, Gryphonian Alliance, and 48 others.Arnic, Futuo, Valocke, Xupqeu, Holmani, Marshalia, Champaign, Kiensu, Dreamers for Hope, Yaspica, Archonina, Forcaforta, Atopias, Bhang Bhang Duc, Zuriath, Ostrogothaland, Mackieron, Antahbrantahstan, Professor thomas, Lodiberdade, Mirchusko, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Shaktirajya, Plarland Amex, Schantan, Kalla, Akhkar, Ingentis Novus, Lynier, Probablynotverygoodistan, Weratt, Zoran, North South Westoria, Willow Gate, Husac, Sensorland, Dictator s, The Anti-Social Socialists, Larxia, India and Bangladesh, Av Libertas Vindex, Lothundy, Galaxy Meows, Podium, Omskin, Free Radio States, and Santos-Dominius.