The Armed Republic of Otron is a very large, efficient nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, frequent executions, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-working, cynical population of 171 million Otronians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Administration. The average income tax rate is 48.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Otronian economy, worth 12.0 trillion Platinum Iras a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 70,372 Platinum Iras, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
Parents who reward their teens' chores with concert tickets are charged with illegal reselling, airplane passengers have been known to stuff pillows in their jackets to get extra arm room, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites, and the sun rises an hour later on border communities. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Otron's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Otron was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Baobab-Bumbaria.
- : Otron was endorsed by The Republic of Androxis.
- : Otron was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Otron was endorsed by The Free Land of The Tugboat Complex.
- : Otron voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Otron voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Following new legislation in Otron, the sun rises an hour later on border communities.
- : Following new legislation in Otron, retirement homes are often fitted with luxurious suites.
- : Following new legislation in Otron, airplane passengers have been known to stuff pillows in their jackets to get extra arm room.
- : Following new legislation in Otron, parents who reward their teens' chores with concert tickets are charged with illegal reselling.
Endorsements Received: 35 » Raghallaigh, Caffeinated, Mancheseva City, Acapais, Pirataria, Deathfall, Desrouleaux, Ipsonasia, Ikheria, Chungus World, The Dutch SouthEast India Company, Ramalia Shanatopian, Arvigiel, United-Marrshmallows, Purple Ruthenia, Eloscape, Clialaad, Le Libertia, Twilight Ways, Algamonzimt, Kingdom of Stargard, Emastalia, Aexnidaral, South Eastern Centralia, Sevanorea, Lastovipol, West Wirral, Lethen, Arqhua, Bellcon, New Peoples Empire, Bolger, The Tugboat Complex, Androxis, and Baobab-Bumbaria.