The Protectorate of Ouvernia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, notable for its smutty television, absence of drug laws, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 12.044 billion Parhasques live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, pro-business, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Industry, although Education is also considered important, while Spirituality and Defense are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Paaona. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.1%.
The powerhouse Ouvernian economy, worth 958 trillion Parhean Tongboes a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is broadly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 79,580 Parhean Tongboes, but there is an enormous disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 475,777 per year while the poor average 6,057, a ratio of 78.5 to 1.
Radio shows frequently feature people denouncing religion, religious organizations are being forced to leave the country or pay income taxes like everybody else, the adult unemployment rate nears 100% as all available jobs have been filled by young children, and Mr Happy's Funland has just been named Ouvernia's new capital. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Ouvernia's national animal is the Parhean Rhinoceros, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ouvernia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Ouvernia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Ouvernia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Ouvernia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Ouvernia ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Ouvernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Pizza Delivery Sector.
- : Ouvernia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : Ouvernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Ouvernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Ouvernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and the Top 10% for Most Armed.