The People's Republic of Owans is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Dr Moran with an even hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 4.946 billion Owens enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The minute, liberal government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Education, although Administration and Industry are also considered important, while Environment and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Owen. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Owansian economy, worth 992 trillion OZZES a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Information Technology, Book Publishing, Soda Sales, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 200,730 OZZES, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
One does not simply walk into the tundra, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, and the nation is now proudly cholera-free. Crime, especially youth-related, is pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Owans's national animal is the chicken, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Owans was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Owans, the nation is now proudly cholera-free.
- : Owans lodged a message on the Lazarus Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Owans, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Owans voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Owans voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Following new legislation in Owans, teenagers across the country are celebrating the defeat of a national curfew bill.
- : Following new legislation in Owans, one does not simply walk into the tundra.
- : Following new legislation in Owans, every week is blindness awareness week.
- : Following new legislation in Owans, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Treadwellia, Surd, Leonism, Custadia, New Rogernomics, The Sigometh Dynasty, Domais, Aguaria Major, Zekrosz, Deciduslava, Inceptio, Wolfana, Guiness Freaks, Hajima, Capercom, Bobs raider puppet, Killer Kitty, Snoodum, Demonos, Aigania, Aflana, Lazarene Ryccia, Caybow, Debussy, Ashoy, Potted Plants United, Pans Desta, Honeydewistania, The Islands of Colwell, Shaunborough, Mo-Po-Lo-Jo-To-Jo, Darcaethir, Ireland Isles, Burning Pants, Nippon Shotou Teikoku, Mainze, Port Flynt, Bravenewworld, Nova Zemlya, The Daedric Lords, Steel Vagabonds, The Salvation States, Astalen, Greygard, Fissure Town, Sombrassino, Margandy, Marcellinople, Kawaiidesh, Zinertia, and 25 others.Saint Islaskerzerblest, Desvios, Aleckandor, Legendary Magus, Allochthonis, Baelju, Issrak-om, Military without borders, PinkFloyd and The Beatles, Russiane, Torkar, Amertheria, Xracona, Ioboriya, Tottoro, Courlany, Kan Po, The Celestial Lands, Ladandtopia, Laporter, Arkanik, Othan, Wishper, Aegis-5, and Navordia.