|Leader||The Federal Council|
The Federal Republic of Oyste is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Federal Council with a fair hand, and notable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and digital currency. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.318 billion Oysteans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Cambridge. The average income tax rate is 94.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Oystean economy, worth 177 trillion Oysters a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 134,470 Oysters, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity, and Oystean tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Oyste's national animal is the Oyster, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, Oystean tourists are banned from many nations due to their tendency to randomly explode.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, enemy navies sail within bombardment range of major coastal cities with impunity.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, citizens can only enjoy the splendor of the natural world in designated 'Majesty Appreciation' zones.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, census workers struggle to account for the rapidly increasing number of citizens to tabulate.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, students memorise knock-knock jokes for their mandatory twice-a-term Comedy Examinations.
- : Oyste voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
- : Following new legislation in Oyste, students are wary of colorfully decorated new teachers with names like Professor Pipsqueak.
Endorsements Received: 130 » Kuriko, Ignis Cinere, Aspistania, Free Land of Rebellium, The Soylent Green Party, Dustwind, Northern Nivaria, Blogotopia, Tzo, Vivolkha, Myndithos, Better Indonesia, Kaltovar, The African Emirates, Ali Faridi, Karlando, Old Atlantica, Seranis, Kebecois, The Parandeam, Swag Chief Bubba Estate, Generic Country Name That Is Available, Gewisse, The Biggles Syndicate, Anigeto, Future of Mankind, Free Booze, Lower Phlebacite, Zeganas, Mastodonia, Marroc, Isentran, Wysrod, Republic of Nutella, Palman, Anollasia, Eist, Sovereign Research Concerns, Lamborghini Murcielago, St Lennys Island, New Fania, New Udonia, Grimmywelsh, Seantonia, Chip Skylark, Coreras, Juiulia, Stroulia, Zopciria, Danyl, and 80 others.Ferte, Kingdom of New Berlin, Arctic Coalition, Testa, Jimjam Goober, Iontan, Mittal Land, Creeptopia, Meravon, Zeklandia, Flying Eagles, Slaytania, Flex Lexington, Maalemzya, Northern African Sahara, Gluebucket, IslaMond, Germanic and Jewish people, Kyrizstanislav, Ironica Butterfly, Novegia, Libertaritaritaritaria, Tangora, A R V E R N A, New Dracora, Cape Vessey, Grungerock, Tindomelia, Nogalacia, ShadowVoltia, Zyrcrestia, Ishkabibber, Brandenbourg-Anhalt, McFierce, Echocrimsonia, Colonel Terrosit, Anisopterra, QuazaFire, Serlone, Achiotopia, Constantinolia, BRVTOPIA, Valentian Elysium, Graemania, Decent Humans, Ascended Union, Rahatalia, Randopian, Carbo Nation, Xemja, Neojinkotsu, Tamsalin, The Pizza, The Republic of Osea, Alen-roshh, Medetas, Snakeden, Itic, Evertopia, Ehrgeizig, United Kingdom of Selesnia, Rex Republic, Lunador, Mulia Easamandringordia, Greenmont Federation, Leprechaun Gold, Lite-Brites, Republic of Karskarovyt, Eppur, Johnne Green, Kachikawawa, Waitiki, Point Comfort Colony, AciaciaMont, Old Tryst, United North American Islands, Ariree, Liberdon, Islands of Czechia, and Vones Monourakal.