The Protectorate of Paffnia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Aleksandar Vekili with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ban on automobiles, and anti-smoking policies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 20.932 billion Paffniacs enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Skoptopolis. The income tax rate is 100%.
The thriving Paffniac economy, worth a remarkable 4,161 trillion paffnars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 198,824 paffnars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Political speeches always take place at sunset to a background of patriotic power ballads, 10-year-olds who struggle with integrating by parts are considered slow learners, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly, and discarded pennies litter the streets. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paffnia's national animal is the llama, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Waitiki.
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Republic of Wysrod.
- : Paffnia was endorsed by The Empire of Kuriko.
- : Paffnia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Access to Abortion".
- : Paffnia endorsed The Empire of Kuriko.
- : Paffnia was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Paffnia applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Paffnia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, discarded pennies litter the streets.
- : Following new legislation in Paffnia, 3D printed organs are a breath of new life for the sick and elderly.