The Kingdom of Paplia is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Moon Prince with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.285 billion Paplians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dextros. The average income tax rate is 82.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Paplian economy, worth 119 trillion Paps a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 52,342 Paps, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The silencing of dissent speaks volumes about the quality of Paplian democracy, on-duty Air Paplia flight attendants are usually seen napping in first class, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes, and frat-house partying has become the national pastime. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Paplia's national animal is the Pheonix, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Sexy Musk of Dwardossa.
- : Paplia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Effazio.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Sarcasm Tag of Canaltia.
- : Following new legislation in Paplia, frat-house partying has become the national pastime.
- : Paplia was endorsed by The Federation of Hyon Delta.
- : Following new legislation in Paplia, election results are often delayed for weeks to count the expat votes.