The Queen's State of Petitot is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, notable for its complete lack of prisons, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The cynical population of 23.19 billion Petitotians are ruled with an iron fist by the socialist government, which grants its people the freedom to do whatever they like so long as it doesn't involve getting richer than anybody else or challenging the government.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, socially-minded, well-organized morass — juggles the competing demands of Spirituality, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 76.2%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The large but sluggish Petitotian economy, worth 488 trillion betales a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Woodchip Exports, Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Basket Weaving. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 21,077 betales, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Elections have been outlawed and a large-scale revitalization of the education system is underway. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Petitot's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Petitot's influence in Jamaica rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Petitot's influence in Jamaica rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Petitot's influence in Jamaica rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Petitot's influence in Jamaica rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Petitot's influence in Jamaica rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Petitot was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Petitot relocated from Osiris to Jamaica.
- : Petitot was refounded in Osiris.
- : Petitot ceased to exist in Jamaica.
- : Petitot's influence in Jamaica rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".